Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Can someone with a GPA below 2.0 get a scholarship?

I'm sure that our readers are aware of the latest political scandal to hit Malaysian political scene involving Anwar and his aide, Saiful Bukhari. I won't go into the political implications of this scandal. I've written about this in Malaysiakini and you can read it here and here. I just want to ask a rhetorical question here. Can a student such as Saiful Bukhari, who dropped out of Uniten after getting a GPA of less than 2.0 be entitled to a scholarship since this was what Najib alleges Saiful was asking for when he visited the DPM's office? I wish that I had known this. I would have recommended my friends to run as student leaders in the public unis and then use this as the basis to apply for a scholarship even though their grades may be shot to pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment